SAFE SEXUAL INTERCOURSE
A Sexual intercourse can be termed safe when;
- There is total abstinence from sexual intercourse before marriage.
- Sexual intercourse exist between the marital union where there is total faithfulness to the marriage partners.
- When measures as condom though not 100% effective.
RESPONSIBLE SEXUAL INTERCOURSE
Sexual Intercourse are said to be responsibly done if:
- Heterosexual sexual communication
- The partners are legally joined by marriage.
- The timing of the sexual communication are done without regret , fear of pregnancy, and full acceptance to the consequences of the union
- It is done without defaulting from God’s law and Natural Law.
COMPLICATIONS OF PROMISCUITY OR EARLY SEXUAL ACTIVITY
- Psychological Depression usually found among young deflowered teenagers.
- Emotional disturbance that may arise from Teenage Pregnancy.
- Feeling of guilt for disobeying God’s law or the culture of the land.
- Low self esteem and self control even after marriage. This is the main reason for unfaithfulness in marriage.
- High Risk of contracting HIV/AIDS, Hepatitis B, & C, sexual transmitted Disease.
- INFERTILITY– This can be as a result of untreated /poorly/ untimely treated sexual transmitted disease.
- URETHRA /FALLOPIAN TUBE ADHESION– This can be as a result of untreated STD such as gonorrhea, prostiatis etc. This is one of the cause of ectopic pregnancy in female.
- Cancer of the cervix is commonly seen in women who engage in early sexual intercourse or have multiple sexual partners.
- Untreated syphilis during its tertiary stage can cause complications such as paralysis, insanity etc
- Some of the infections contacted is there till the end of the individual life.
To be able to play Safe
- We should avoid pornographic materials, bad influence and other things that corrupt the mind.
- Parent should give their children proper sex education and moral upbringing.
- The pulpits are not left out as they should not relent and giving words of encouragement to the youths towards trending the part of righteousness.
- The government, influential peoples in the society and policy makers must enjoin so that strategies can be emanated as to curb this ugly menace ravaging our youths.