It is made of a thin latex rubber,sheath or covering that fits over a man’s erect penis. It work by forming a barrier that keeps sperm out of the vagina thereby preventing pregnancy and also keep infection in semen, on the penis or in the vagina from infecting the other partner.
There is a greater efficacy (about 98%) is used correctly in every act of sex. While It is 85% effective for people who just use condom. The 15 % chances of pregnancies or infections are either as a result of incorrect use, slips or breaks.
- None except for very few that react to latex rubber.
BENEFITS OR ADVANTAGES
- It protects both partners against unwanted pregnancy.
- It Protects the Partners from Sexually Transmitted Infections (STDS) including HIV.
- It helps to protect the users from the complications of STDs such as male and female Infertility, Cervical cancer etc.
- Have No Hormonal side effects.
- It can be used as a temporary or backup method.
- It doesn’t need a Healthcare provider before it can be use.
- It is easily assessable.
- It is not 100% efficient.
- There cannot be re-used.
- There is dullness of sensation.
- It interrupts the sex
- Partner’s especially female partners feel ashamed telling their partner about condom use.
- One condom is more effective than two condoms worn together.
- It does not make men sterile.
- It does not get lost on the female body.
- Do not have holes that HIV can pass through.
- Are not laced with HIV.
- Do not caused illness in a woman because they semen or sperm from entering her body.
- Do not cause illness in men because sperm “backs up”.
- They are not only used outside marriage, it can also used by married couples.
STEPS AND TECHNIQUES OF WEARING A CONDOM-to be posted soon….
MEDICAL ADVICE/CONSIDERATION WHILE USING A CONDOM-to be discussed soon…